Briefing Key Policy Makers: A Core Part of EFI’s Mission
Since its inception, EFI has established a reputation for offering realistic, science-based energy solutions. EFI work products have found an enthusiastic audience on Capitol Hill. Over the past 18 months, EFI Principals have testified at five Congressional hearings and provided private briefings to more than 50 Representatives and 30 Senators.
Among the highlights:
- Ernest Moniz presented the results of Advancing the Landscape of Clean Energy Innovation to the Senate Energy & Natural Resources Committee in February 2019 and offered private briefings to Members such as Kathy Castor, Chair of the House Committee on the Climate Crisis.
- Moniz gave private briefings for EFI report Clearing the Air to the Senate Democratic Climate Caucus, the Democratic Study Group, the Future Forum, the House Democratic leadership, and to lawmakers and influencers at the House Sustainable Energy & Environment Coalition.
- In November 2019, Moniz testified before the House Subcommittee of Energy and Water Development’s hearing on The Department of Energy’s (DOE) role in Addressing Climate Change.
- In May, EFI Principals Melanie Kenderdine and Joe Hezir were invited to present a private briefing to members of the House Science, Space & Technology Committee and the House Energy Committee. The presentation on how energy jobs can be a key pathway to economic recovery was attended by both Republican and Democratic members of both committees.
- In June 2020, EFI Founder Ernest Moniz testified as a key witness before the House Energy & Commerce Subcommittee on Energy on “Reviving our Economy: COVID19’s Impact on the Energy Sector.”